How to Spot Fake Ugg Shoes and Boots
A huge problem that is faces UGG lovers and shoe buyer alike is the proliferation of manufactures that distributed fake copies of name brand merchandise like UGG shoes. Unauthorized distributors have found a gold mine by peppering the market with substandard UGG shoes and riding the coat tails of the UGG brand. Many small brands are imitating the real uggs because of their increasing popularity. They are creating look a likes that are made with inferior material like cowhide or pig shin that can harm skin. Therefore, it is particularly important to protect yourself and being careful while shopping for sheepskin boots. With the power of knowledge this article will help to save your dollars from buying fake UGG boots and shoes.
What is the difference between Single-faced and double-faced sheepskin?
First of all, quality made and real UGG boots are designed with double-faced sheepskin that will ease your feet with comfort. How can you recognize this? Double faced sheepskin is a single layer of sheepskin maintaining its thermostatic nature with the inner as skin (plain) and the outer as fleece that keeps your feet warm in winter and cool in summer. “Double-faced” sheepskin / lambskin is where the tannery produces a quality tanned product on both the skin side and the wool side of the sheepskin / lambskin. These are the most costly skins to buy because they are the best when making the original style of sheepskin ugg boots.
Unauthorized distributors of sheepskin shoes use single-faced sheepskin. “Single-faced” sheepskin / lambskin is where the tannery produces a usable tanned product on the wool side only. The skin side may have an unusually high proportion of marks and the dye is uneven therefore this type of skin is only suitable as a “liner”. This single-faced material is used in conjunction with cheaper leather such as pigskin. This ultimately reduces the quality of boots. As a consumer you can spot this sneaky trick by looking closer at reproduction UGG shoes, pigskin has tiny holes which is a giveaway or sign of a inferior product.
Top Signs of Reproduction/Fake UGG Boots and Shoes
* Price – You can easily identify the replicas knowing its price. The cost of real boots and shoes are at least $100 to $150 dollars (approx.).
* Stitching quality and finishing design – of the fake uggs is very meager when compared to the real ones. You can identify counterfeit boots by looking at the soles and logos. Soles of fake uggs are extremely rigid while the soles of the real ones are highly flexible.
* Look For The Symbol – If your elite choice is ugg classic tall / classic short, you should look at the bottom of the boot that contains the symbol ‘UGG’
* Genuine ones are featured with much sheepskin fur inside the boots for fluffy appearance and warmth. Where as utility of ‘fur’ is quite less in fake ones and sometimes the fur seems to be slightly dull grey in color.
* The heel portion is much narrower in replicas than the genuine sheepskin boots.
* The shape of the front portion of the counterfeits is bit shorter while the front part of the real sheepskin boots has a rounder and longer finish.
* One can find UGG label on the back of the real ugg boots. The printing styles of letters on the label may differ or may have some gap in between the letters. In authentic boots, the letters will slightly overlap each other.
* Real ugg will have few Registered trademark symbols on its outsole whereas imitates lack this.
* Authentic ugg boxes are strong and sturdy. Usually, the words “UGG Australia” are printed in the middle of the lid (top portion of box). Recent 2007 ugg’s boxes come in a flip top box.